Known for being lively and innovative, Long Island’s rambunctious quintet Patent Pending have something new to share with their loyal Second Family: a cover of Ricky Martin’s classic ‘Livin’ La Vida Loca’.
Frontman Joe Ragosta said of the track, “This song is awesome. Plain and simple. It has always reminded me of a Ska-Punk song with less distortion. It just moves and the minor tone gives it a cool feel. We were excited to cover this song. Ricky Martin is a badass dude!"
The song is the latest to be streamed from their forthcoming covers album which features revamped versions of songs sure to get fans dancing. Full of classic jams and recent chart-toppers, the album flawlessly showcases the group’s penchant for all things punk and their genuine love of creativity. The album, aptly titled ‘Other People’s Greatest Hits,’ comes out on May 26th via Rude Records.
1. All Time Low – originally by Jon Bellion
2. Can’t Take My Eyes Off You – originally by The Four Seasons
3. Livin’ La Vida Loca – originally by Ricky Martin
4. Mr. Brightside – originally by The Killers
5. Never Gonna Give You Up – originally by Rick Astley (Stream Here)
6. See You Again – originally by Miley Cyrus
7. Shape Of You – originally by Ed Sheeran
8. Shout Out To My Ex – originally by Little Mix (Stream Here)
9. Spice Up Your Life – originally by Spice Girls (Stream Here)
10. Wasted/Wake Me Up – originally by Tiesto / Avicii (Stream Here)