Spotlight On 'Redrock Festival'
The main ethos of Redrock Festival is to try and garner a sense of community around the unsigned music scene, which is so often missing in London. Redwire have created the Festival with the agenda of getting people together to appreciate music they might not have heard before. Redrock also wants to show off the unsigned scene. So many people say that there is no good music these days, but this is just not true, you just have to go out and see it. It’s there and of very high quality, week-in-week-out at loads of venues across London and the UK. Redrock hopes people will leave the event with lots of new contacts, new friends and having enjoyed a great day of music in the heart of London. And whilst you’re at the Dublin Castle, don’t forget to try the famous ‘Red Death’, delicious but deadly!
Here is a quick rundown of the 16 bands performing on the day.
1. Festival headliners and creators Redwire are a London based hard rock band with a modern edge. Formed in 2014, they have since gigged in most of the London gig circuit and branched out into other counties. They have made a name for themselves for their high energy live shows and released their debut EP in 2015. They’ve built upon this momentum by embarking on UK tours in 2015 and 2016 and have a new single coming soon. With lots of exciting plans in the works, Redwire are moving in huge steps and will soon be a force to be reckoned with!
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/RedwireBand/
2. A hard rocking sleaze band from Birmingham with the attitude, style and badass music that will make any individual cry out in climax. Silent Jack are wowing audiences not just in Birmingham but across England with amazing stage performances and great music. No filler. No compromises. Just rip roaring, sexy music designed to rock your clothes off! They bring it all to the table and we promise to give you a night to remember.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/silentjackband/
3. In the summer of 2010, Tola Lamont and Kurt Michael Boeck met up for a jam in Shoreditch, east London. On the first session two songs were born – the southern rock grinder, “Cuts To The Bone” and the stomping “Got What It Takes”. Both songs were later included on Nitroville’s debut album, “Can’t Stop What’s Comin’” which was released in 2011. International touring started in 2012, playing established venues and festivals across Germany and the UK, such as a headliner at the prestigious Cambridge Rock Festival. 2014 saw Nitroville with U.D.O (ACCEPT lead vocalist – Udo Dirkschneider) as one of three main acts on the big stage in a festival near Berlin with a 10,000+ audience. By the end of 2015, Nitroville had completed their 2nd album ”Cheating The Hangman”, which was released 23 March 2016 on Target Group/Mighty Music.
4. HammerJacK formed in April 2013 with the sole ambition of creating an uncompromising, hard hitting heavy rock band. They fused their influences from old classic sounds of AC/DC, Led Zeppelin and Guns N' Roses through to more modern styles of Cadillac Three, Joe Bonamassa and The Answer. They have toured relentlessly up and down the UK, and as far a field as Estonia through to Spain igniting stages along the way with their explosive live show. With the debut EP already in circulation and the rise of second EP to be released mid summer 2016, The band are set to make your world a little louder.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hammerjackuk/
5. MAXDMYZ is a London based 5-piece band consisting of Twister (vocals), Roger (guitars), Jay (drums), A’Zedd (bass guitar) and Vortex (keyboards). The band is now well established on the UK scene having built its reputation over the years with stunning live performances and recording some of the most innovative and original alternative Metal ever to come out of the UK music scene. Some of the band’s highlights include past collaboration with Eminem and also their last EP; the critically acclaimed 'Cosmic Hearse'. The band’s influences are wide and varied, from Lou Reed and Black Sabbath, to Squarepusher, Pantera and 80’s Electro Pop. But what truly marks this band out is its musicianship and compositional excellence and the breadth and variety of its output.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/maxdmyz/
6. EVYLTYDE are a female-fronted British metal band based in and around the London area who bring the sound of traditional, classic metal into the modern age with a mix of killer riffs, searing power chords and melodic vocals!!! “Fight To Be Free” was the first of these tracks and is a homage of sorts to classic British Metal bands like Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. “Fight To Be Free” was released during the traditional Christmas Chart period in 2013 and is currently available for download. Due to it’s lyrical content being inspired by events such as the Arab Spring, Libya and the war in Syria, the band is dedicated to giving all profits from the sales of the single to charity. Within a relatively short amount of time the bandhave been lucky enough to share the stage with some other great independent UK Metal acts including DETHONATOR and SKREAMER.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Evyltyde/
7. The Featherz are a Welsh/English band with glam and punk influences (self-styled as “Flock Rock”) led by Danie Cox on lead vocals and guitar. Cox formed the band with two fellow former members of Georgie Girl And Her Poussez Posse, a band fronted by Georgina Baillie and mentored by Adam Ant. After leaving Baillie and Ant to form their own group, they received press coverage in the Ipswich Star, Wales On Sunday. They have also completed a UK national tour supporting Boy George, in three of whose videos Cox has appeared.S ince May 2014, Cox is the last remaining founder member. The band now features drummer Dazzle Monroe (formerly of Extreme Noise Terror) and bassist Alice Atkinson.
8. Mother Gaia, previously known as HORSES, first took the stage in early 2015 in their hometown of Gothenburg, Sweden, and the band’s career has only snowballed from there. The sound of the female-fronted Hard Rock band has been described as ‘rock’n’soul’ with a heavier touch. It is soulful, groovy, fun and free, at the same time as the lyrics are often mellow and wistful or angry. In case you have not experienced them live before we strongly recommend you do so now. After their London debut in May 2015, the band are now returning to Camden to deliver an energetic and in your face show, promising an experience you will not soon forget.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/mothergaiaofficial/
9. Formed in the winter of 2007 around the Hertford area, Sofasonic has developed into a band of amazing diversity blending many aspects of the new rock scene with the more traditional blues and folk genre. Their 4 piece set up comprising of Michael Wilson (Singer & guitar), Elliot Manarin (Drums), SJ Manarin (Bass) and Niall Turner (Rhythm guitar) delivers a powerful rock sound with beautiful melodic breaks and riffs to tap your feet to and get your groove on!
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Sofasonic/
10. BEUK – the Dutch word for PUNCH – is a straight forward hard Rock & Roll trio singing about sports, parties, pretty girls and mental health. The boys were chosen to support legends such as The Godfathers, Motörhead’s guitar player Phil Campbell and Dog Eat Dog. More than 60 shows in Belgium, UK, Holland and France resulted in a live CD. In the summer of 2016 BEUK are recording a studio album
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/beukband/
11. Imaginary Dreamers are eccentric, dynamic mixture of quiet and loud sonic flavours. A unique marriage of dark and light tones, going from epic, melancholia to loud and proud rockPassionate, captivating melodies in a vulnerable, fragile landscape executed in diverse, unique songs. Moody lyrics like painting over canvas.
12. Pilgrim are a four piece Classic/Hard Rock band hailing from the South Wales valleys, featuring kinetic riffing, laser tight Drums and Bass, impossibly gruff Vocals, and impossible Guitar! Formed early in 2015 when David and Adam decided it was time to make some proper rocking music, the duo were joined in the following months by Alex on Bass and Backing Vocals, and finally, after a chance meeting in a local pub at the end of the summer, Cliff on Drums. Now, Pilgrim are ready to blast the South Wales scene, and beyond, with their own unique take on traditional monolithic British Hard Rock!
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pilgrimband1/
13. Get Loose from Oxfordshire are an original three piece band formed in early 2013. The band are Lee Castle (Guitar/Vocals) Dom Allen (Bass/Vocals) and Darren Castle (Drums/Vocals). They have a range of favourite artists and influences, but the main influences are the roots of the American and British blues artists from the 1930s up to the late 1980s. The band’s music has been described as “Screeching, Stompy Bluesy Rock N Roll” by MaximumVolume. They describe their own sound as powerful, energetic bluesy rock and roll. The band have so far supported Olie Brown, The Bonnevilles and Leatherat and have played a number of gigs around the UK in the short time of being together.
14. The Drainz are based in Portsmouth, their music style is aggressive Shoegaze along with lovely weird noises.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/TheDrainz/
15. Ben and Christina met 16 years ago through their mutual love of music, and have been singing together ever since! They mainly do covers, but may give an exclusive performance of some original material they have been working on.
16. Singer/Songwriter Edwige, is very highly spoken of not only for the quality of her songs but for the uniqueness and beauty of her voice; whether soaring in the higher octaves, or gently flowing in the lower ranges her singing, Edwige cannot fail to give goose bumps. Inimitable, incomparable and exhilarating, she will lift your spirits.
If a free Festival wasn't enough there will also be a souvenir CD featuring a song from each of the bands playing. It will be available to buy on the day, but numbers are limited so make sure to get there early! So now all that is left, is to get down to the show and enjoy a day of music from some great bands.